Friday, April 3, 2020

Butterfly Time



One of the practises that our family has adopted since we’re all in this social-distancing protocol is to speak of our gratitude every night at supper.  Simple to big things that we’re thanking God for in the midst of days where we are removed from a normal routine, or have normal access to things.  It helps us appreciate what we have right now, rather than what we don’t and turns the conversation at our evening meal from potential complaint or frustration to a time to speak kind words, or a perspective we may not have had before.  It helps me to see that God is at work if we lift our eyes to see it.  It’s anchoring our family it good ways right now.  

When I colour up an image, like this one from Power Poppy called Time to Fly, over a few hours or a few days, it helps me in a number of ways.  For a time, I am concentrating on something positive I can do.  Even the process of colour selection and how to add shading is good problem-solving that both stills my mind and feeds it.  I am in the moment, full of joy for bringing life to something that makes me happy, and makes me proud.  It’s something I am grateful for.  

I hope you’re finding some time to fill up your heart with gratitude with some colouring too.  I know it will do your spirit good.  


I looked up some possible butterfly species to make the colouring a bit more realistic.  Monarchs are easy to colour, but getting ideas on some other unique types of butterflies was really fun too.  Even trying to find a cohesive colour palette that works together took me some time, but I’m pleased with the warm inviting yellows, oranges and greens and the bronze metals in the gears and clock.  

The sentiment which references the time theme, and my theme for today is from another Power Poppy set, Lilac Time, which is retired now and sold out (bummer).  I hope you got in on some of the Sale items (still going on!).  


Today, I hope you can enjoy the moments.  We don’t get this day back, so I’m praying you feel joy in how you spend it.   Below is a peek at the Copics I used.  


And now be even more inspired by the rest of the Gang playing along today.....

Christine (you are here)

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous image and card Christine
Gr Karin

Stacy Morgan said...

Cheerful and gorgeous coloring Christine. This is wonderful spot for today and with all your snow I bet you are wishing for spring. :-)

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I love this image.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

So incredibly beautiful, and look at all those colors. Gorgeous!