Monday, July 29, 2019

July Blog Hop at The Cat’s Pajamas!


We’ve had a fab and fun Christmas in July, along with a few other summer goodies at the TCP July Release!  I hope you’ve had as much fun as us enjoying all the creations.  Today we’re celebrating everything being available in the store with a Blog Hop!  You should have come from Melissa’s blog along the way.  But if you get lost, stop by The Cat’s Pajamas Blog for the whole lineup.  


One of the fun things this month has been playing with all the wintery themes in the stamps and dies - when it’s NOT so freezing cold out!  I really loved the retro-mod feel of this new die,  Ho, Ho Ho CutUps Die and thought it would be fun to give it some 1950’s or 60’s vibe.  My son said he thought it looked like it was circa The Jetson’s show.  

I dug through some of my supplies and found some extra fine glitter to really play with.  First I used a heavy cardstock that would hold it’s shape (110 lb works well), and cut the stencil out of the panel to fill the space, just run one pass over the die and it cuts but doesn’t separate.  I kept all of the elements in the cardstock (that’s why heavier cardstock works well), and then just gently pushed out parts of the die cuts that I wanted to showcase.  Next I took a sheet of adhesive paper and carefully placed it on the back of the sheet of cardstock so it would hold all the pieces together, but the pushed out parts would be super sticky.  


Then I gathered all my glitter and placed my cardstock on a scrap piece of paper, and colour by colour I added glitter to the sticky sections.  Leave ALL the glitter on the cardstock until you’ve added ALL the colours (so you’ll have little piles all over the card).  And only THEN dump all the glitter off onto your scrap sheet.  You’ll have to be ok with losing a little glitter because the extras will all mix together, but it’s worth it to have a piece like this with multiple colours of glittter and glam.  I added a bit of glittered wood veneer stars and an accent “HO!” popped up in blue.  It’s a super fun effect, and you’ll find glitter for days :)  


Next up some naughty Gnomies.  I tried to keep a similar palette for many of my cards this month.  What do you think of the idea?  I think it’s fun to explore different ways to use certain colours, especially at Christmas when you’re tired of the traditional red and green.  So, these gnomies are from the set Gnome Peeking and arecoloured up with Copics, then cut out with the outside edge of the Village Snowglobe Duo Die.  I popped up the “naughty” sign pointing to the dude on the right for fun.  Then I added it to a beautiful background again created with the new Great Outdoors Stencil and ink blended with our spectacular Big Beautiful Blending Brush and at just $7.99 you can’t go wrong with this brush, it is absolutely a dream to work with, and super easy to clean.    


I’ve accented the gnomies with flags from the County Fair CutUps Die to make it festive, and some banners along the bottom with a pretty polka-dot ribbon. 

And now you can shop at a discount!  If you’d like the Poochie Pack - which includes all the stamps or the Kitty Kat Pack - which includes all the stamps, Dies and Stencils they come at a discount when bundled together.  

Here’s a peek at the new items I’ve used today....





And now, for more inspiration please head on over to see Julee!

Thanks for enjoying this fun new Release with us!

10 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love all the sparkle on the first card and those bright/non-traditional colors on the second! Two awesome cards!

Helen said...

Like both these cards, Christine...especially the first one. tfs

Joan V said...

Love your cards. That color palette is so fun and cheery. The Hohoho card is darling. I think it would look good with a wood grain paper, too. I think it has a country, cozy look. Thanks for the inspiration. Now to shop!

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! Love the fun holiday icons in the 'Ho Ho Ho' die! And the gnomes are just adorable!

sharon g said...

Aren't you clever! I really like the HO HO HO card, and how you added just a bit of colorful glitter...

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 beautiful cards and the last one is very cute
Gr Karin

B. Poteraj said...

The gnomes do look naughty. I like the sense of humor.

Leslie Miller said...

Super duper cute cards, Christine! Love the retro look of your first card and your clever idea for using the die (which is darling). I agree with your son re the Jetsons!

Helen said...

Wonderful cards Christine! I love the all over pattern you've created on your first card as well as the bright, fun elements on the second! Thanks so much for sharing the inspiration!

Alma de la Rosa said...

great color palette for your cards this month. I love your gnomes, but the glitter card has my heart. Who doesn’t love a bit of shine?