Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Watercolour Wreath Original Art Series



Hello!  In the past few weeks I’ve been working on original art of my own using watercolours, so I thought I’d show you them over the next month, a few at a time.  I’ve wanted to do some smaller projects with watercolour to work on my brush strokes and mark-making with the paint, as well as the bleeding between colours.  In the future, when I have more practise and develop more skill,  I’d like to move on to bigger sizes and do my own lettering of Scripture, but for now, these are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 size cards, and make use of the lovely Scripture stamps from Stamp Simply.  For all of these designs I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours, and Stamp Simply’s Words of Encouragement, for the Scripture verses.  


I’m going to keep all of the cards really simple and not do any embellishing so that the watercolouring will be the focus.  This one is still my favourite of all I’ve done so far.  I like how delicate the wreath looks, it’s light an airy, and I love the colour blend on the blooms.  


Next up, one of our favourite Scripture passages with some viney and delicate blooms, almost like a grapevine hyacinth.  These type of blooms are fun to colour because they’re just dots of a tiny #2 brush.  



And finally, some pretty roses, with some deeper greens on the greenery, and a much fuller wreath.  Isn’t the script on the verses lovely?  Sharon has some really nice Scripture stamps, so I’ve added a few to my collection.  


It’s so fun to develop my own style and see my own art come to life on the page.  It’s been a long time in coming!  Join me again next week for more in this series!  


7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Christine! You've really been watercoloring some gorgeous wreaths, and I love the colors! You clearly have been working on your techniques, and I love the brush strokes you've used in the wreath along with the tiny dots with the small brush. I especially LOVE Sharon's Scripture verse sets, and this is one of my favorites. I know these cards will be loved and certainly be encouraging. I look forward to seeing more of your cards, Christine. Stunning...and I'm excited for you! Hugs and love, xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

Wow you have done beautiful job with your creations, your blending is just beautiful and love the softness of the water coloring of them! Those verses are such a pretty style! Wonderful job with these

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful watercoloring Christine - the wreaths are so beautiful and paired with scripture are extra meaningful.

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are such a beautiful cards Christine
Gr Karin

Pauline said...

Christine, all 3 cards are stunning! Love the colours so soft and pretty, wonderful brushstokes. Beautiful scripture sentiments as well. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Leslie Miller said...

These are simply beautiful, Christine! I'm stunned by the first in particular as those colors are so appealing to me. You've done some very fine work here. I don't know if I'll ever even try. Lovely, comforting companion verses.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful set of wreaths and good for you. These turned out wonderful. Can't wait to see the others you are doing.