Sunday, March 10, 2019

Dragon Days



My niece, who is now 10 years old is crazy about the movie “How To Train Your Dragon”, so when My Favorite Things had a sale recently I picked up this adorable set - MFT Magical Dragons just for her.  Though it’s doesn’t look like Toothless from the movie, I tried to colour it a deep purple which look like the undertones for the dragon from the movie.  Of course if your niece is 10 you need to make her the princess in the story too.  The set comes with some “fire clouds” for the dragons to blow, I made them into clouds in the sky by layering them.  

They are coloured with Copics, then popped up onto a series of layered tags (The Cat’s Pajamas Dies - Holiday Tag Duo, and Wish Tag Duo).  


In the background I added some Nuvo Glimmer Paste to the background through a Tim Holtz Swirly stencil.  It’s got a gorgeous iridescent shine.  A bit of washi tape along the side finishes it off.  Pretty precious I think!  I even got a “ooooo cute” from my niece so I knew it was just right!  

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, cute!!! Definitely! Love that you customized this darling card, that's one of the things that makes this so fun.

KarinsArtScrap said...

so cute and beautiful Christine, today also a dragon on my blog.
Gr Karin

newbie85 said...

SWEET card!!! I love it!!!! Your coloring and design are beautiful!!! LOVE the Nuvo Glimmer Paste! Adds a nice touch!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh you are going to have one happy niece, she is going to just love this adorable card!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, she's going to love this darling card and probably keep it displayed in a special place in her room. I love how you used the fire as a background. Perfect all over!