Monday, March 4, 2019

Me Ama Llama Ding Dong


Anyone remember that quote from Despicable Me?  Ah Gru always cracks me up :)  I have a fun llama card today to kick off a new challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas called Envie Envy!  It’s all about creatively using envelopes, or decorating your envelopes.  Today I’ve simply accented my envelope to coordinate perfectly with my card.  

I started off with TCP’s Spit Happens stamp set and the Alpacas CutUps Dies, then gave the cutie patootie alpaca and cactus some colour with Copics.  I just LOVE that the dies for this set have cuts around his little arms that allow you to tuck things in, so he looks like he’s holding them; he’s got a little cuppa coffee in his hands.  When I looked up some traditional colours for Peruvian hats I saw some unique combinations, so that’s where this one came from!


To pull the rest of the card together I used more TCP products including the new Round Bubbles CutUps Die tucked underneath the frame of the Halloween Tag Duo CutUps Die.  


For the sentiment I used a portion of another TCP die, Hello There CutUps Die, and used my Copics to give it some ombre colour.  A strip of patterned paper and some Holeless Clear Sequins add some accents.  


And finally, for the envelope, I just did some simple stamping of the Llamas and Cacti from the set onto a masked portion of the envelope, and then sponged ink in a ombre style over top.  A couple of matching lines with a ruler and the coordinating Copics finish it off.  


Join us on this month’s challenge, you could win a $50 Cat’s Cash voucher to the TCP store!  Enter HERE at the TCP Blog.  And, with all the new Kitties in the Cat Pack, there’s TONS of really top notch Envie inspiration for you today.  



4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fun and fantastic card Christine
Gr Karin

StampingbugKerry said...

Too cute! Love the red and blue and the amazing coloring. SO fun! :)

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE Despicable Me! What a wonderfully cute card, Christine! Looking at your layout, dies, coloring... I'm smiling a llama! Cool how you did the envelope, too!

Brenda said...

Christine, I'm finally getting around to tell you how wonderful this set is. I love the way you've done your envie and wish I had a hat like the little llama has, so cute!!!