Tuesday, March 5, 2019

I Pick You



Ever since I first saw these adorable little mice from the MFT Harvest Mouse set I knew sometime they’d find a home with me.  I actually coloured this up way back in the summer, but hadn’t put it into card which is such shame! Then when I acutally got to making a card I was a little stumped on a layout I’d want to use.  I’ve long admired Inge Groot’s knack for clustered and layered layouts, so I found an older card of hers that had a layout I liked HERE, so I borrowed some of her design elements in creating this card.  

The little mouse is coloured with Copics, (doesn’t he look cozy in his sweater?) and placed him on a textured cardstock tag which I stamped the background barrel of apples onto.  By doing that, they really do become a backgroun image and not compete with the mouse.  I’ve added some leaves stamped on red and green cardstock that ground the image.  I think the pops of colour on the gray really work here.  


A pretty bow of felt and a swirly border all serve as accents (both dies from TCP).  With a couple of staples added to play off of those tipped layers.  

Such a precious image, and such a sweet sentiment too!  

5 comments:

Helen said...

Christine, this card is so sweet. Like your color combination and design that frames this cute little mouse. tfs

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is super cute and a great design Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Oh so sweet and I just love the red and gray together with the little touch of green!

Pauline said...

Oh Christine, this is so sweet! Love these mice too, great layout and colours. Love the mouse in the red sweater and how you did your leaves. Fabulous card!

Leslie Miller said...

I was just saying to someone that I'm a fan of gray lately, and now here it is on your card! Of course, the star of the show is that darling harvest mouse in his snuggly sweater. You know I love cute critters as much as I love flowers. The card layout is great. I followed your link to Inge and found a whole new-to-me blog of delight!