Friday, March 1, 2019

Golden Tulips



I’m popping back into day to showcase a sweet SALE going on at Power Poppy!  It’s called the Weekend Stamp Steal.  Both the Dynamic Duos:  Peonies and Tulips Stamp Set, and the Tulips and Peonies digital sets are all on sale.  They are some of my favourite Power Poppy images!  

Today I’ve used the Tulips Digital set, enlarged the image and printed it in a grayscale tone.  I coloured it in warm shades with Copics, finishing off with some Prismacolor pencils to add definition to the petals and leaves, and create the soft background colour. 


I accented with some fun golden elements, a gold sparkle fishtale banner and adhesive gold sparkle letters, and some spritzes of gold Tattered Angels spray and splatters of iridescent gold paint.  


To see more of the sparkle (it’s really shimmery in real life) I tipped the card a bit so you can see the golden glow.  

The sale runs till Monday night so be sure and stop by the Power Poppy store.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh Christine, your card is golden for sure! Your colouring is amazing - beautiful colours, and love how you added pencil for highlights, this really adds to it. And the gold shimmer spray - wow, along with your gold banner and letters - gorgeous. Love this!

Helen said...

This is so lovely, Christine. I'm definitely taking advantange of this sale! tfs

Leslie Miller said...

One of my most frequently used stamps. I love these tulips! Your colors and coloring are WOW, Christine!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful combo of copics and pencils, such pretty sparkle in the background!

KarinsArtScrap said...

goreous Christine
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Christine, this certainly is golden and magnificently colored! I LOVE it and love the beautiful DP you've used along with the glitter! Stunning!! Hugs and love! xoxo