Friday, March 1, 2019

I’m So Lucky



Happy March!  Did it roar in like a lion or lamb for you?  We’re leaning more into the lion....so lets hope the end of the month is a lamb!

Did you see the newest Café au Lait illustration from Power Poppy released last week?  Oh it’s just dreamy!  It’s called Clover and Pansies and it’s part of a series of illustrations Marcy is doing of floral arrangements in these little bowls (the two others are Snowdrops and Tea Roses and My Favorite Pair which I also did HERE in watercolour) .  They’re all inspiring, and this one is so cheerful with the combination of pansies, clover and forget me nots!  As you can tell, I had spring on the brain and coloured it up in some vibrant shades with my Copics.  There are just so many unique types of pansies and clover, so I found some fun combinations to work with.  


I printed the image so be able to give it a no-line look and then paired it with some pretty papers to match the little arrangement.  I found the PERFECT sentiment for the set, and for St. Patrick’s Day coming up in March with Power Poppy’s polymer set, Chrysanthemum.  I stamped just part of the sentiment on the outside and then the whole thing on the inside.  


Isn’t that a lovely thing to say to someone?  


Here’s the collection of Copics I used for today’s card.  

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Stacy Morgan
and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog  There’s a weekend Stamp Steal going on!  I’ll have a card to show you tomorrow with one of the sets!  So pop back then :)  

7 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wowee Zowee, Christine, this is FABULOUS!!! You have such a great eye for color! The large pink and orange pansies are swoon worthy, girl. This needs to be framed!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeousssss Christine

gr karin

Rosy Newlun said...

WooOOoooo, ahMAZing, Christine! Look at those colors!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is the brightest, freshest, prettiest thing to come down the pike in I don't know how long, Christine! You're so good with the Copics. Well, good with any coloring medium. This is so fun to look at and hard to take my eyes off. Gorgeous!!

Conniecrafter said...

I can think of a lot of people I would like to say this too, your coloring is just wonderful, it just says spring!! Ours has come in like a lion, we are getting 4 inches of snow tonight :(

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Ohh my Christine, what a awesome cheerful colours.
I love what you dit with this gorgeous image.
Thank you so much for sharing this inspiration.

CherylQuilts said...

Christine! There are inadequate words to express how GORGEOUS this card is! What amazing colors and coloring, and I love the layout with the DP you've used to enhance the colors in your stunning bouquet! WOW! I LOVE it!! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo (Still drooling over this one!)