Friday, November 7, 2008

Funky Coat Christmas


Apparently this is my day for stamping....and in colors I don't usually use!

I came home tonight just in time to see the Inspiration Challenge at SCS. It's a link to a clothing company in the US called Boden (which by the way means soil in German, just in case you needed to know that).

Here's the picture that called to me....



It's such an unusual color combo...but a lot of kids clothes are inspirational like that. I like the winter feel, the trees in the background, her cute hat and scarf and the great teal lining to the coat (it has cute toggles and buttons too).

So here is my Christmas rendition. I broke out Season of Joy because it has this sort of fun funky feel to it. The sketch is Beate's weekend sketch challenge, and I've used old and new DSP's and pretty teal velvet ribbon and a pretty rhinestone brad.



There ya go...no more stamping for ME tonight! Have a great weekend!

Stamps: Season of Joy Ink: Taken with Teal, Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose Paper; Kiwi Kiss, Kiwi Kiss Patterns DSP, Taken with Teal, Loves Me DSP, Regal Rose, Whisper White Accessories: Dimensionals, SW Markers, Circle Punches, Teal Velvet Ribbon (Flirty), Rhinestone Brad, Piercer

3 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Don't ya just love that stamp set...perfect for the inspiration challenge!!! I love the colors you used and all the layers....looks fabulous, Christine!!!

Juanita said...

This is a fabulous card. I love how you used these colors.

Beate said...

Wonderful card, Christine! I love what you did with both challenges.
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles