Thursday, September 26, 2024

The Perfect Sunflower with Power Poppy


I do love the beauty of Sunflowers, and there are so many beautiful illustrations of them in stamping, but I don’t think there is any better one that this design from Marcy’s skilled hand at Power Poppy.  It’s called simply called Sunflower Power.  I haven’t coloured it in so long, and it was just the right season to pull it out.  


I started colouring the design with Copics, and finished up the detail work with Coloured Pencils.  This way you get the saturated colour start, with the fin lines of a sunflower petal and leaves.  After colouring I trimmed it carefully and placed it on some rich rust cardstock using an MFT framed die.  The background is created with a gorgeous pierced plate that I’m so taken with from The Greetery called Pierced Plaid Pierce Plate.  I’ve added deeper ink around the edges for more texture.  


I added in ink splashed die cut leaves from The Greetery using their Big Branches: Ruscus Die.  The sentiment is stamped with the polymer version of this sunflower stamp set, and I’ve splattered some gold paint over the design to make it shine.  

The perfect Sunflower, am I right?  :)   

No comments: