Thursday, July 25, 2024

Waffle Flower Kit Guest - Merry Bookman


Waffle Flower Book stack Christmas card

Hello!  I’m back with a fun surprise!  This month I’m guesting with Waffle Flower and their July 2024 Kit!  It is a darling little Christmas themed kit perfect for the reader in your life.  Since we are big readers in my family, this creative kit is right up my alley!  I includes \the Merry Bookmas Sentiments Stamp Set, Merry Bookmas Die and Stencil, and a 4 x 4 Grip mat, all in a handy project bag.  

And the sweet news is - Waffle Flower has given me the chance to give away a kit!  All you need to do is find this post on my Instagram page, follow and comment: @christinecreationsart  


I have two sweet designs today with the kit, a card and a little ornament/book mark.  Starting with the card, I used the book stencil in the kit and ink blended a stack of books in shades of cool wintery green, next I used the coordinating two-step die cut for the set and die cut all the details and outlines.  I cut it a second time with gold metallic cardstock and use that for my inlay into the books.  All I can think about is old fashioned books bound carefully with gold accents, so that inspired the gold.  I mean, look at the little book plates!  

I also took a gold metallic sharpie pen and added another layer of gold along some of the dashed die cut lines.  

I created the background with an additional die from Waffle Flower called Poinsettia Background Stencil,  only using the tiny details from one layer of the stencil.  Then I added texture with a diagonal shaped cover plate die.  Little gold dots give it an extra touch of sparkle, along with some pretty gold ribbon between the layers to act like tinsel.  


Next up is the sweet ornament/book mark I created using the reverse of the gold metallic paper left over from the previous card.  No stencilling on this one, I just layered tiny strips of cardstock behind the diecut cardstock, with a few layered overtop to give it some more colour.  I layered this over a another folded piece of cardstock which I ran through the die to create a card shape.  

The tiny sentiments from the set are embossed on the books.  Gold sharpie accents the books and swirly ribbon creates the tree hanger or bookmark tassle.  


Seasons readings to you!  I hope you enjoyed this cute kit!  

No comments: