Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Slimline Bouquet Duo with Crafty Meraki

 


Hi Friends!  I’ve had such fun with today’s cards from Crafty Meraki!  This week we’re focusing on Slimline designs and I chose to work with the amazing mega stamp Birthday Bouquet, which is so big and beautiful you can create 2 mini slimlines from one stamp.  So, I have two designs to show you again today.  


I started by colouring the gorgeous florals with Copics and coloured pencils in a fun coral and purple palette, then cut the image down the middle and fussy cut the image out.  I focussed on a different colour background for each card.  For this design its all about gold and green accents.  I added a rich green background with intricate detail from the Mini Slimline Parisienne Para-Dies.  


Then to give it some glitz and glamour I added sparkly gold paper die cut with the Olive Leaf Para-Dies,  and then a bold gold foiled sentiment with Meraki Moments Hugs Hot Foil Plate and Die.  


For a little more glam, I completed the design with gold sequins.  

Next I created a mini-slimline easel fold with the other half of the coloured image.  


For this design I showcased the beautiful coral colour in the background.  To create the easel, I cut the cardstock to be 6 1/4 x 8 1/2, and scored on the long side of the cardstock at 3 1/2 and 7.   Then I cut a number of coral die cuts from the Olive Leaf Para-Dies, ink blending them with soft purple, then placing them throughout the card base as a backdrop for the flowers.
  

I added a sentiment from the stamp set, as well as an enamel heart to be the “stopper” for the easel.  A few enamel dots accent the sentiment.  It’s a fun explosion of colour!  

Appreciate you joining me today!  

No comments: