Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Flower Power Patterns with Concord & 9th


I am so inspired by colour and pattern.  I think it comes from my history having a mom who was a seamstress.  We were often in fabric stores and I loved looking at all the designs, patterns and colours.  Something would always catch my eye!  Today I’ve created two sweet card designs with the same flowers and colours, but in different arrangements of pattern.  

For both of the cards I used Concord & 9th’s  Parcel of Petals  and  Flower Medley die sets.  I’ve been thinking about this colour palette for a while and how lovely it would look on cream and on navy, so I did one of each!  



Each card base begins with die cutting C & 9th’s  Basket Weave Card Front for texture on the card base.  It makes a great starting point for all the flowers.  On this cream design I went for a completely random bunch of flowers and then the sweetest little sentiment from the new Short and Sweet dies.  


Amazing, but there are NO stamps on the entire card!  Just sweet little enamel dots on some of the flowers. 


For the Midnight cardstock design I sent for a more arranged bouquet style.  Still quite random in all the flowers coming together but a little more recognizable as an arrangement of flowers.  


The sentiment also from the Short and Sweet dies makes the anchor of the mini bouquet.  You know those little sentiments that are just the right size?  Yeah, this is one of them.  


There you have it, random on cream, or arranged on Midnight.  Which one is your favourite?  

No comments: