Sunday, June 18, 2023

Altenew Inspired Hibiscus

 


I’ve been having a blast creating with new and old things this season.  I was looking through a stamp basket of mine and found this pretty Altenew set called Hibiscus Bouquet and thought, man I haven’t used that in ages!  So, I pulled it out and decided to play along with Altenew’s Inspiration challenge this month which calls for some fun colours.  


Now, I know Hibiscus come in gorgeous pink voilet shades so that’s the direction I went.  I inked the flowers with Concord and 9th inks and then washed out the colour slightly onto the petals to soften the colours. I also splattered ink across the paper to keep with that casual loose petal look.  


I added a pretty touch with MFT’s Octagon Frames foiling, and a foiled sentiment from Spellbinders Mini Everyday Sentiments.  They are the perfect size for a pretty banner sentiment.  


The final touch is a few sequins for some shiny glitz.  Really fun loose florals and they make a great statement across the card.  

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments: