Monday, October 17, 2022

The Blossom Challenge: Gold, Silver and Shimmer

 


My husband told me just the other day that we’re less than 6 weeks away to Advent, and 4 week from that is Christmas!  It’s about time I put together some Christmas designs, and today they’re all about NEW remastered images from Power Poppy in digi form.  They’re also kicking off another The Blossom Challenge to use gold, silver or shimmery in your design.  I’m going to keep this really short and sweet because I’m about to leave on a short trip and am squeaking this under the wire!  

This card uses the new Mighty Pine image from Power Poppy and is coloured with Copics, Prismacolour pencils and some metallic gold pen.  The background is done with Distress Inks, a woodgrain stencil and shimmery gold spritz.  



I love the double nod to jingle bells in the image and in the embellishments.  They’re so festive!  


And this design is cool and vibrant with the new image Wrapped with Love.  Metallic and silver touches come in with a glitter pen on the stars, pom poms, and ornaments and it’s further glitzed up with glittery paper.  Such a pretty vignette of Christmasy things!  



I love the non-traditional plaid paper colours and mixing all of that great colour together in the design!  

Please pop on over to the Power Poppy blog to see more inspiration and join in on the Challenge this month!  Thanks for dropping by!  

4 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Both projects are stunning! The non-traditional colors project is just beautiful! Thanks for creating a wonderful challenge again!

Conniecrafter said...

These are both so pretty, I really love the first one, great image and coloring, love the gold touches and the jingle bells with jute is a nice touch with it!

Leslie Miller said...

Breathtaking pine cone card which I still have as a clear set and love it. Your card is stunning! The new image is super cute and you've colored it up in such a fun way. I'm behind in my Christmas cards.

Cynthia said...

Both cards are lovely Christine! The non-traditional colors are refreshing.