Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Italian Villa Window with The Greetery


If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that my favourite element of cardmaking is colouring.  But, over the last few months, the stamps, stencils and dies from The Greetery have really won my heart!  They are so different from my normal style with the emphasis on stencils and sponging.  Yet, the look you get from them when you lift the stencil is so fantastic!  It must be a bit like how a printmaker feels when their images come through the screens.  

I picked up a few sets from the latest release at The Greetery, including this one, Floral Arches Stamp and Stencil and had a fantastic time putting together this card made to look a little like a floral arch around a window in an Italian villa.  


I primarily used Distress Oxide inks, Fossilized Amber, Crackling Campfire, Aged Mahogany, and then a few greens Memento Pistachio and Olive Green, and then used the coordinating Floral Arches die to cut it out.  You’ll notice that I have elements popped up on the arch, as well as stamped items behind the arch to give it dimension.  

I also sponged the Fossilized Amber in the background layer, to make it look like Italian plaster, and added a few delicate shading with my Prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment is from another The Greetery set called Print Shop:  Spring Mix.  

 

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You know how to make these products shine, Christine! Stencil coloring is starting to win my heart, too. Heaven knows I have plenty of inks for it! "Gorgeous" doesn't even cover this.

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine! Love your colour palette.

Traci M said...

Christine, I’ve been a long time fan of The Greetery stamps, especially their stencils…I love how you gave this door an aged feel…just like an Italian Villa!! Can’t wait to see more! Have a blessed day!