Monday, August 29, 2022

Masculine and Pencil Work

 

Getting down to those dog days of summer in the Northern Hemisphere!  We were driving this weekend through Alberta and the fields are looking ready for harvest, and some farmers are already at work.  All of our kids start school this fall, (teaching or University) and I’m longing for some temperatures that are just a bit cooler.  I picked up a new Stampin’ Up! set over Sale A Bration called Stylish Sketches.  It has a nice loosely drawn feel that is perfect for a more masculine style, and since I’m starting to lean a little more to Autumn, I pulled out my Prismacolor Pencils and some Kraft cardstock and coloured up a couple of cards using this set.  

These two ducks are a lovely pair and white pencil pops so well on Kraft cardstock.  I first laid down a layer of white pencil and then added in the greys, browns and almost iridescent blue/greens that comprise the ducks.  

The layout uses some patterned paper I had in my stash and a woodcut die from The Greetery.  


The sentiment is from a retired SU set, little friends.  I love that typewriter font.  


For this design I went decidely more fall with warm shades for the fox from the set.  I just saw a fox traipsing across our pathway when we were on the motorcycle last weekend in a National Park.  He tucked right into the woods, so I mostly saw his body and tail escaping.  Red Fox have such a nice combination of rust, grey and white that I tried to convey in the colouring, again laying down white pencil first and then adding colour over top.  The mustard cardstock has a basketweave stencil to pull in a bit more rich colour.  


The patterned paper is from Craft Consortium and I’ve added die cut leaves with some distress ink sponging to really capture that autumn feel.  

He does look ready for adventure doesn’t he?  


2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

They are just perfect for masculine cards, love the sketchy feel to them. Pretty coloring!

Leslie Miller said...

An absolutely wonderful pair of wildlife cards, Christine! The sketchy stamps appear to be hand drawn on your kraft cardstock. Beautiful and expert coloring, wonderful papers, dies, and stenciling. I enjoyed reading your post, too. Truly, every day has the possibility of being the perfect adventure, even if you don't leave your own garden.