Monday, May 23, 2022

Flowers on the Trellis

 


I’m back with another creation from The Greetery’s most recent release that’s another departure from my usual stamp and colour with Copics, and I had so much fun!  

I’m all about lush flowers of vibrant colours combined together.  I plant my flower gardens that way, and love to create cards that use saturated colour too.  This stamp/stencil and die set called Print Shop:  Spring Mix was such a fun mix of stencils to layer the colours of the petals and leaves, stamping to add details and coordinating dies to create a dimensional full flower design.  Delightful, and so neat to think up new colour combinations I’d like to try.  I used Distress and Distress Oxide inks for stencilling and stamping, and popped up a few of the die cut details.  


Does the layering of the petals give it an abundant look?  


I placed the die cut flowers on a die cut layer using an old Spellbinder’s lattice die, I think it really makes a nice textural backdrop, like the flowers are really growing up a trellis in the garden.  

I hope you’ve enjoyed a little tour of my virtual flower garden!  

No comments: