Thursday, May 26, 2022

Cozy Nest


I love watching for and listening to the songs of all the little local birds soaking up the spring weather these days, it makes my heart happy every time I hear them!  So, I have birds on my mind and had dto use this adorable die set from The Greetery called  Curio:  Spring Findings Die.  

I placed the entire die set onto Arches watercolour paper and cut all the little pieces in one large section, then leaving the cut outs in the paper, I watercoloured each little piece with Zig Clean Cut Real Brush markers.  The vibrancy of these markers and the brush edge really works well with the fine details of the die cuts.  



I layered all the pieces in a design I thought would be sweet, and placed them in different levels onto a watercoloured background.  The sentiment comes from The Greetery’s Print Shop:  Spring Mix Stamp, and I’ve added a few splatters of watercolour to speck the background like I’ve speckled the robin’s eggs.   


Tiny fussy details, but oh so fun to bring everything together in the end to create a cozy scene!  

 

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, this is so very pretty! It's interesting to see these dies in your expert hands. You really make them shine!