Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Bringing Summer Sun Poolside!

 

While we’re just getting excited about flowers popping up from the ground...dreaming of summery sunny days at the beach or by the pool, The Cat’s Pajamas is bringing it to us in all sorts of fun ways this May!  

I’m excited to kick off today with two new designs from the May Release.  I have to say, this release was such fun for me to play with.  Fun themes, vibrant colours, colouring, cutting files, it’s really got it all, and it totally sparked my creativity.  

My first design pulls you poolside with this adorable set called Fun in the Sun.  I had a great time creating the water reflections of a pool with a stencil and Distress Oxide Ink, and then adding our favourite Kitty in her floaty on the surface of the water.  


I’ve framed her up, and added the sentiment and wave to accent the design, including a few turquoise sequins.  

For fun I took the bubbles from the set that I had printed and used them to create my own beach ball accent,  all it took was a few lines from my micro-liner pen and a bubble is a beach ball!  



Such a fun design to create with!  I’m ready for the pool!   

The next card is oceanside with our favourite bunny!  This is Life’s A Beach.  


He’s protecting his tender fur from those rays, soaking the shade with some RnR under his beach umbrella.  I think he’s so cute with his coconut drink!  All of the colouring is done with Copics.  


To customize my scene, I’ve added some stripes to the umbrella to make it really beachy, drew in some PLAID bunny board shorts for swimming, and added soft ocean waves in the background. I placed him on a background I created with one of our new cutting files called Make Waves.  



Because I knew I wanted to make a multicoloured wave background, copied and pasted three of the cutting files for this set of waves onto the 12 x 12 section for my Silhouette.  



Next I added 3 sets of beachy colours for cutting.  


Then trimmed it out (my blade was a little deep so you can see there’s a bit of fraying).  But then all you need to do is piece by piece add the waves to the background so the pattern matches.  I have extra waves left over to use for other projects if I want.  


I think it makes a fun way to add texture and colour, with out taking away from the design.  The sentiment is from the new Summer Sayings set, and I added pointillism dots to mimic the sand to tie in.  

Here’s a peek at the newly released May items I used today!  See you next week with two more fun designs!





1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, these are all just too cute! You're very clever with the digitals and cut files, not to mention your own artwork! I'm looking forward to summer!