Friday, January 7, 2022

Quotable Apples


Popping in this Friday to share a design created with Power Poppy’s set Folklore Floral Apples . It showcases a beautiful arrangement of apples on branches and a quote from Thoreau.  

Apples are always fun to colour with their polished red skin, and I added some striations of colour with my Copics and Prismacolor Pencils to mimic more of the colour of the apples we have on our tree at home.    

To tie in the soft blue background I added to the colouring, I sponged in some Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass to the background as well.  


It’s always gravity defying to me when you see a tree heavily laden with apples like this.  Such a bountiful sight!  Hope you enjoyed this nod to summer in our winter chill here in North America!  



No comments: