Friday, March 27, 2020

Black Beauty Orchid Watercolour




Popping in with some rich watercolours paired with this lovely design from Power Poppy called Ruffled Wild Orchids.  You know, in my head as I was colouring these I was thinking irises...they’re not irises....they’re Cattelya Orchids, but I gave them some deep colouring a bit like some Black Beauty Irises with tones of blue and purples, and then tones of black.   I have a paint from Daniel Smith that I really love, it’s Lunar Black.  It’s this beautiful shade of black with purple undertones and it’s awesome for adding shadows and for a pretty background like I added here as well.  


The sentiment in the circle is from the set Loving Tulips (on sale right now!) 



And a final peek at the sequins, scalloped dies to accent and ombre patterned paper to match the ombre of the watercolouring.  


Don’t forget about the Power Poppy Sale going on right now.  A number of items are already sold out!  There are great deals on polymer stamps and many digital images as well.  

Now for more inspiration please visit my creative sisters....
Christine (you are here)

7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this is outstanding. Your water coloring is amazing and such depth. Just gorgeous!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is stunning Christine gorgeous colouring
Gr Karin

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Christine, this has blown me away! I saw the title pop up in my inbox and just had to look. Today is my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary and they had purple orchids - it was like I was meant to see this today. Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

Camille Short said...

oh, just beautiful! I love the depth!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

It's a dream card Christine, how fabulous. Your colouring is so great and the completed card is so elegant,wow!
Thank you so much for sharing this masterpiece, stay safe & healthy and have a wonderful weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

This makes me swoon, Christine. It's so beautiful it hurts!

Davi said...

Wow Wow your coloring is absolutely stunning!! You certainly did justice to the lovely orchids!! Fabulous card!!