Monday, November 25, 2019

Christmas Remix: Poinsettia XL


Good Monday everyone!  The inspiration continues on the Christmas Remix at Power Poppy!  We’re happy you joined us today because we’re showing you the quintiscential Christmas flower, Power Poppy Version, Poinsettia XL!


The powerhouse of a Poinsettias. This digital download supplies three variations of this vivacious, velvety Christmas classic. With slightly puckered and rippling leaves, you can add lots of dimension and life to this festive plant though your coloring. Includes a large single bloom, Poinsettia with a stem and secondary leaves, the stemmed image with hand lettered "Joy to the World", AND a 5x7" supersized, full-bleed image to steal the show! Each image includes a light grey version for no-line coloring. Go XL and really dive into those petals this season.

A few weeks ago I did some GREEN colouring of another poinsettia in our Power Poppy Collection, Winter Wonderland or the digital version, Ultimate Poinsettia.  Today I’m back with one of my other favourite colours for poinsettias - a soft peachy glow.


I printed the image large enough to really get into the petals with both my Copic Markers, and then Prismacolor Pencils to finish off.  The citrus shades were really fun to work with - something like grapefruit and lime!  You can see there is a lot of blue and purple in the shadows and that is what gives the design more realism and nice contrast in the petals.  

To tie the background layer of the design to the colour palette of the poinsettia, I sponged peach and lime ink onto white cardstock toward the middle and then added some White Pearl Modeling paste through a stencil on parts of the design. It has a nice iridescent quality adds touches of texture and elegance.  


I always love Marcy’s hand lettering from the Christmas Hymn, Joy to the World.  We’re singing today as well because today my husband will have his last treatment at our Cancer Facility!  We’re delighted to turn the page over into restoration!  So we’ll sing as we ring the “end of treatment” bell!  


Take note of these great prices on this awesome new set!  


Pop on over to see more stunning inspiration from the team today.  There is such an amazing array of creativity with this set!  

14 comments:

Traci M said...

Christine, if a flower could sing “JOY,” this pretty in peach poinsettia surely does!! So much light and color and a beautiful sight to behold. I am so very happy to hear your husband’s treatment infusions are done and he can ring the bell. Prayers for a complete recovery!!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Your card is stunning Christine, the delicate colour and the great matching background makes this card unique.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a nice day.

Lisa K said...

Gorgeous! Love the stenciling you placed in the background. Congratulations to your husband for completing his treatment. I pray he will be free of this disease and will be moving on for years to come.

Leslie Miller said...

I don't think I've seen a poinsettia this color before, but it sure is gorgeous! Might be my new favorite color, too. I've always loved the green and white or green and pink ones, but this is a showstopper the way you've colored it. Love!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this poinsettia and the wonderful coloring- just beautiful!!!

Jean said...

So pretty!

Kathy J in Ellicott City said...

Beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like the peachy colors with the hints of pink Christine. Beautiful! The textured flourishes is a great idea for effect. Beautiful card!

tinyfeet said...

I love how you tied the color of the "Joy to the World" words with the colors of your poinsettia AND background! Awesome!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous colors you used in the flower, I love the texture you brought to it also!

Camille Short said...

Great card!

Barbara said...

Wow!! This original color poinsettia is so amazing. You always make fantastic cards . You have given me great inspiration.

Melissa said...

Your card is stunning! I love the lettering and the gorgeous coloring! Just beautiful and so happy for your family!

Lagene said...

Wonderful creation, lovely peachy colors! I have seen some unusual varieties of poinsettia colors in recent years. I love this XL Poinsettia!