Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Stamping Bella: A Heart full of Anemones


Last week we were incredibly blessed to have my husband’s younger brother fly up to help us for the week.  As I mentioned in early January, my hubby was very ill with pneumonia, and then ended up in the hospital for over 3 weeks because it actually turned out to be a rare fungal infection, which he got when we were in the States earlier this fall, moving everything out of his parent’s home.  It was a difficult January for us, but gratefully he’s home for the slow recovery.  My BIL offered to fly up and help us.  He took care of so many things this last week, taking my husband to Dr’s appointments, for labs, taking our kids all over, grocery shopping; all manner of things to give me a break.  Now, he could only do that with the support of my amazing sister-in-law who held down the fort with their 7 kids.  We felt so grateful he could come, it was so good to spend time with him.  I sent him home with this thank you card for the both of them.  

I purchased my FIRST Stamping Bella stamp recently, this one is Curvy Girl with a Heart Wreath.  I just LOVED the look of that flower/heart wreath she’s holding!  


She’s coloured up with Copics and then trimmed out with a really narrow border.  I placed her on a panel of Soft Sky cardstock, which I had used Nuvo Glimmer Paste through a heart stencil on.  It adds a lovely touch of sparkle.  


For the pretty fishtale banner, I sponged Distress Oxide inks and used a water spritzer to get this pretty treatment.  After it was dry I also spritzed it with some glimmer spray, and then embellished it with some iridescent holeless sequins (TCP).  


I used the same Distress Oxide ink panel inside the card.  Love how it looks!  

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Christine and great colours
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

That is great he was able to come and give you a little break, I am sure your hubby enjoyed having his brother around. Hope your hubby is feeling better each day! The card is so sweet, pretty colors!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine she is so cute. Beautiful coloring.

Pauline said...

Beautiful Christine! I love the Stamping Bella girls. Love the colours and your layout, the Nuvo glimmer paste is so pretty, adds just that little bit of extra sparkle!

Leslie Miller said...

She is sooooooo pretty, Christine! As I mentioned on IG, my friend gave me an incredible number of Bellas. My first, and I had no idea they'd be so much fun. They're older stamps, some retired, but still uber-cute. Your coloring of this is amazing! So rich and bright and pretty! Your brother in law and his wife were so kind and good to you. Seven kids? My, oh, my!