Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flourishes Friday Focus-Romantic Spellbinder Sweetpeas

A beautiful Friday to end another beautiful week! What more could you ask for!

Well, how about another Friday Focus with the Flourishes Senior Design Team? Latisha is challenging us to show off our Spellbinders Nestabilities. So we're here to show you fun creative ways to use them!

I have to say that when I finally decided to branch out into Spellbinders Nestabilties, it brought a whole new life to my stamped creations. I really love them. They are portable, graduated in size, you never have to wonder if something will fit because you have so many options, they are light weight and fit in most any die cutting machine. They emboss, cut, provide a template for sponging ....they're fantastic. Alright enough talk...here's what I made today:
In this card I used my Small Scalloped Square and my Small Square dies to create frames for my Sweetpea image. First I cut out the square shape and popped out the middle (that I would normally use).

Then I took my scalloped square, lined it up and cut out the scalloped shape to create a frame.

I also took the cut edge of my Pierceabilities template to create a scalloped edge on the patterned papers and also as a strop on the *Sweet Peas* word section.

So many ways you can use Spellbinders...so head on over to the rest of the Design Team to see their creativity!

Cindy Lawrence Faith Hofrichter Julie Koerber Latisha Yoast Laura Fredrickson Leslie Miller Stacy Morgan Sharon Doolittle

Recipe: Stamps: Flourishes Sweet Peas; Ink: Tuxedo Black Momento, Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette; Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Basic Grey - Urban Prairie, Jenni Bowlin - Spring Picnic, Copic Paper; Accessories: Big Shot, Scalloped Square and Square Nestabilties, Pierceabilities, Copic Markers, Pewter Kaiser Pearls, Flourishes Scalloped Pink Ribbon, Dimensionals.

11 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome Christine! I love the double frame and all the pink...it's just so pretty!

Cindy Lawrence said...

So pretty, Christine! Love your fun "twist" on the Spellbinders dies! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Miss Christine, you always come up with the out of the box ways (or in this case - in the box!) to frame your gorgeous art! WOWZERS!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is SO sweet, romantic and feminine and it just makes my heart go pitter patter. Love how you used those Spellbinders frames and, of course, your coloring is phenomenal!

Connie M. said...

OMGoodness Christine! Your framing is just out of this world stunning! Very creative!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So elegant and beautiful Christine!! I LOVE all the pink and how you used the Spellbinders dies!!

Crystal said...

Christine this is sooo elegant..I LOVE your frames...beautiful!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!! I love the layered nesties, and I really LOVE this Sweet Pea set...can't believe I haven't bought it yet.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What a creative and visually pleasing way to frame your pretty sweet peas, Christine! So beautiful!

NancyK said...

Oh I love how you made the frames - a great idea! Your coloring of the sweet peas is so pretty

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the frames you created and how you angled the one. Such a beautiful card!! Your coloring is always perfection.