Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Toonie Tuesday - Dirty Dozen Valentine Challenge

Love Birds



Well, it's the 20th of the month and time for another roundup of the Dirty Dozen girls, current and alumni for a challenge! This month Jodi - Kharmagirl challenged us to make a Valentine creation....Required Element: Texture, Restricted Element: NO RED!


So, I pulled out my precious birds from Flourishes new release *Home Tweet Home* and made some Love Birds.



A few weeks back I played around with this color combination and really liked it (Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron and Kiwi Kiss), so since I couldn't use any RED, I made a very rich but springlike Valentine.


I stamped the birds on watercolor paper and watercolored them and cut them out. Cut out my watercolor frame with my Nestabilities die (and the other two frames as well), then sponged the watercolored piece with Kiwi Kiss and watercolored it as well. And I added a little free-hand watercolored heart between them.


The burgundy is old old DSP, before SU went to double sided DSP, so I haven't got a clue which one it is. I turned the frames in different directions and added some pretty piercing throughout.


So what are my texured items? I scored the So Saffron DSP which I wish you could see better, and I added felt and satin ribbon and a felt flower.



Sentiment is computer generated.

I'll be back later with my color challenge card...we have dental appts in the AM!

Recipe: Stamps: Flourishes - Home Tweet Home; Ink: Black Stazon, Kiwi Kiss; Paper: So Saffron, So Saffron Prints, Bravo Burgundy DSP, Kiwi Kiss, Watercolor Paper; Accessories: Scor-it, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Felt Ribbon, Wide Burgundy Grosgrain, Felt Flower, Brad, Word Window Punch, Scalloped Edge Punch, Dimensionals, Reinkers, SW Markers, Piercer, Nestabilities, Big Shot.

5 comments:

Norine said...

this is really pretty love that green & burgd color together
Hugs
Norine

Denise Marzec said...

BEAUTIFUL, Christine! Love your colors!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Christine. Great colors and ocloring.

Rose Ann said...

This is so very beautiful, and your coloring is wonderful!! Love this!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just jaw droppin gorgeous!!! I absolutely love the birds and WOW, what a fabulous color combo!!! I just received those label dies in the mail today...can't wait to use them!!!