Friday, September 23, 2016

Well, Hello Dahlia



Well, hello there all you dahlia loving people :)  I coloured up another of Marcy’s gorgeous images and thought I’d pop in and show you.   Here’s Well, Hello Dahlia.  

I gave it bursts of colour using my Inktense pencils, a water brush and the lots of pops of white and black so those pretty red flowers would shine.  




I added some texture to the background of the card with embossing paste and a pretty Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts stencil.  

Have you seen Marcy’s Power & Sparklette mini challenges this month?  They’re so fun and totally designed to stretch your creativity in ways that are fun and inspiring.  This week its all about colouring outside the lines



Be sure you check it out!  The prize is HUGE, the winner will receive every set in the upcoming 2016 Holiday Release!  Totally worth playing for!

Here’s the rest of the beautiful Bloom Brigade playing along today!  

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


11 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, this is gorgeous, and I love your pencil coloring! I love the beautiful shade of your flowers and the sweet earthen ware, along with the wonderful shading. I love the great die and matting with the black and white! Stunning, my friend! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Christine! The black really sets the blooms off and oh I do like your pencil coloring. Fantastic job with them. Oh I envy you at times... Beautiful card all around.

Leslie Miller said...

Here's the broken record again -- such gorgeous coloring, Christine! Seriously, no matter the medium you are amazing. Love that little bit of blue in the gray vase, and your blue background aura is fantastic. I would so love to watercolor my digis. Christine, if you have a minute, please share what printer you use. I've probably heard this before, but if I did I've lost the info. I'm so frustrated with my printer! TIA!

Misti said...

WOW! Christine, this is gorgeous!!!

Danni said...

So beautiful and striking with the black ribbon accent! Your coloring is gorgeous! Hope when I'm brave enough to use my Inktense pencils that I can acheive half the results you have!!

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful as always Christine. I love the highlights!

Rosy Newlun said...

Brilliant coloring! I don't use Inktense enough so thank you for the inspiration!! I do love how you don't "militarize" the shadows and highlights, all in a rigid line but scattered. It takes the eye all over the images and you do such a great job of creating beauty!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your coloring is always so inspiring Christine!! You are master of any medium you choose, and I always enjoy seeing your results! Wow!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love your coloring and shading.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Christine
gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I love the colors for the flowers and fun stitched framing!!