Monday, May 10, 2010

Song of Spring Flip

A bit of a late post for me today.  It was the first day in probably a month where I didn't HAVE to do something in the day.  And my sweet husband got the kids ready for school and let me sleep in!  I've got a cold that's getting to me, so the sleep was so welcome.

Holly had a cool technique challenge over at SCS that I've seen by hadn't tried yet, so I played around with it.  It's called a Flip Card and the tutorial by Beate is HERE.  The center panel is loose so it flips around from open to closed.  Very fun.  And not that hard to do, if you follow the directions :)  Next time I'll know what I'm doing better so my cuts will be a little sharper.  I'll show you a progression of photos from closed to open.

I used the SU set Spring Song and colored it with Copic Markers.  The outside flower is carefully cut out and popped up. 

Above is a little more open so you can see the inner panel better.


Here is the inner panel flipped in the open side.  Lots of sponging to warm up the scene. 

Above a closeup of the coloring. Isnt' that hummingbird pretty?


And above what it would look like closed - laying down.  Neat hey?  It makes for such pretty presentation!

Below are the Copics I used.  All from Flourishes

Recipe:  Stamps:  SU - Spring Song;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Paper:  Kiwi Kiss, Bermuda Bay, Thoroughly Modern DSP, Gina K Pure Luxury White;  Accessories;  Oval Punch, Copic Markers, Dimensionals, Large Brads, Bermuda Bay Ribbon. 

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Christine WOW girl this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE your design here, and the colors and how you stamped the bg with that flower is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the main panel image too GORGEOUS!

Francie G. said...

Triple WOW! This is just beautiful Christine! I need to get brave enough to try this design! TFS!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Christine! You always do such patient,detailed work....I just want to get my cards done FAST!! No patience at all! I guess I should try to slow down and make something BEAUTIFUL like this!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how cool is that!!...I need to go check out that tutorial for sure. Beautiful card, Christine! I love hummingbirds. :)

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card, Christine!!!!! I just love the bright, beautiful colors and the flip design is sooo cool!!!! The sides look awesome layered and your cuts look mighty perfect to me!!!!

Beate said...

Beautiful swing card!
Hugs and smiles

Shari said...

Very pretty! Love the color combo. So sad that Bermuda Bay is retiring! You always do such a lovely job of coloring with your copics!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is very beautiful
and the colors are so bright


karin

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

WOW! Christine this is so pretty!! Love that fold too! I have to try that!

Sharon said...

Christine, your works are checked by me just about every day and they are just beautiful! I've tried to access the tutorial but am having trouble -- all I get is pix of other swing cards. Could you please provide a direct link to the tutorial? Thanks, really appreciate your efforts to pass info along to novices like me.

Michele Boyer said...

Gorgeous! Those flip-flop cards are so very cool!

Unknown said...

So impressed by your beautiful card. Just love your colour combination.