Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pretty Packaging Series

Hi Stamping Friends,

I didn't fall off the face of the earth :) 

Just took a blogging/stamping break for a couple of weeks.  Sometimes I just need that to get restored.  I really wanted to get some things done around the house too and I find myself too divided sometimes if I'm so focussed on stamping.  So...a break is a good thing.  Though I didn't get as much done on the home project level as I wanted to, it was a restorative couple of weeks for me.

I turned another year older, celebrated my mom's birthday with her, did some painting and organizing, got closer to finishing up a couple of knitting projects, got the family immunized for H1N1 (which I'm so grateful for - so many people I know are sick), just sat to watch movies with the kids....the list goes on :)

But I'm back and I have some wonderful things planned for you for the next couple of weeks.  I decided I'm going to focus on something we all need in the weeks ahead.  Did you know that Christmas Eve is only 49 days away?  Wowzers!  I really want this to be the year where all my shopping is done in November!

I really do enjoy giving homemade things to friends and family.  So...over these next weeks you'll see projects most every day based on either gift ideas, or Pretty Packaging ideas.  Sometimes a simple gift is made all the more special just by some pretty packaging. Some will be simple, some will be more elaborate. 

So, today's project is a simple one.  Our daughter made 8 dozen cookies a few weeks ago because we wanted to give some away to teachers etc.  (Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip and Oatmeal Scotchies). So, I wanted to package them up in a pretty way and say thank you for all they do in working with our kids each day. 


I took the cookies and wrapped them in cello bags.  I wanted them to have an Autumn/Thanksgiving feel to them, but I wanted to keep them really simple. 

I love the sentiment on this set from SU a quote from Emerson, and I think it's perfect for a teacher...
"The greatest gift is a portion of thyself. "



Very simple embellisments, felt ribbon, copper brads, and twine to tie it all together. 



Back Friday with something elegant.  My mom requested a gift for a 90 year old lady she knows, so I wanted to make something lovely!

Recipe:  Stamps:  SU - Of the Earth;  Paper:  Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip, Kraft;  Ink:  Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip;  Accessories:  Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Felt Ribbon, Copper Brads, Dimensionals, Twine. 

5 comments:

Willy's creations said...

Lovely tags you made.

Hugs,Willy

Unknown said...

these are gorgeous, christine!

Tracy said...

Welcome back!! I should take a cue from you, I am trying to keep up all the normal stuff and now take on a facelift to our main bathroom. I have been bitten by the decorating bug lately.
Your goodies are grea, love the colors and lay out!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your tags are gorgeous Christine!! So warm!! Love 'em!!

Rose Ann said...

Your tags are so beautiful, Christine!!