Saturday, May 9, 2009

God's Handwriting

Today's Inspiration Challenge over at SCS is a really cool pillow website called Bonjour Mon Coussin... (Hello my Cushion).

Here is the link to this pillow I chose as inspiration: Guitar I just loved the colors!
I needed one more Mother's Day card for my sister-in-law who will be celebrating her very first Mother's Day this year as a Mommy :)


There is something that happens to you when you become a Mother. I believe you see and experience God's love in a whole new way. As you look at your child you see God's handwriting in their beauty, in their preciousness, in the miracle of their life!

This is such a pretty Hostess set don't you think? I embossed the butterfly on watercolor paper and added reinkers to color. I stamped the pretty flowers on Confetti Cream (a new favourite color of mine) and lightly watercolored them and cut out, then used the same technique on the leaves.
The bottom half of the card is embossed with a Texturz plate and the black of the sentiment is from the Lots of Tags Sizzlits.

I made a special gift for my sister-in-law that I'll be showing you next week too! Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!

Recipe: Stamps: God's Handwriting; Ink: Black Stazon, VersaMark, Baja Breeze, Purely Pomegranate DSP & Cardstock, Confetti Cream; Accessories: Big Shot, Texturz Plate, Lots of Tags Sizzlits, Corduroy Brads, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Reinkers, Aqua Painter, Baja Satin Ribbon & Black Velvet Ribbon (Valet Ribbon Originals).

5 comments:

Danni said...

I just got this set as a surprise from my friend. I hope that when I use it my card is as beautiful as yours!! Wonderful job!

Lydia Fiedler said...

Dang girl - this is gorgeous!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love those colors together!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Christine, your butterfly is stunning! Especially with those beautiful pink flowers! Gorgeous!

Rose Ann said...

Your butterfly and flowers looks absolutely gorgeous!!