Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We're Having a Baby!

Yippee! Wait....you didn't think it was me did you?


Tee Hee!


Nope! But, my brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first baby in late March or early April! This will be my first niece or nephew on this side of the family, so we're pretty excited. The kids are so looking foward to having a cousin close by. I would like it to be a girl to sort of even out the balance of power in the kids, my brother would like a boy. So we'll see what we get!




I've wanted to give them a Congratulations card for some time now, and tonight my Puns from the Past set came (I've really liked the vintage look of this one)...and today's sketch challenge was perfect for it's smaller images, so I sat down tonight to create a quick card.



I stamped the buggies on Vanilla, punched out the circles and sponged them. Lots of other sponging on the layers, old Hodge Podge Hardware as accent, retired Noteworthy set sentiment and the ribbon from the Holiday Mini.





Love the vintage feel!


Back tomorrow with some more for you!



Recipe: Stamps: Puns from the Past, Noteworthy Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, Bella DSP, Chocolate Chip Accessories: Antique Brass HPH, Alpine Ribbon, Dimensionals, Circle Punch

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers, love all the layers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this vintage look! Great details, too! I'll have to go find this card in your SCS gallery, so that I can "favorite" it! :-)

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations, auntie!! I LOVE your gorgeous, vintage baby carriage card!! Love the colors, layout, and your pretty ribbon/hardware!! Wonderful, Christine!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card...the colors, layout, TFS

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! A new baby, how wonderful! A beautiful baby card, a fabulous design!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh my goodness, this is SO pretty! Wonderful color combo and choice of images! Congrats, Auntie Christine!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this...would not have thought of the color combo and I love it!!!