Saturday, May 25, 2024

Stitching Saturday - Angles



Hi!  I’m back with another stitching project that was a really easy one.  My hockey team was playing game 7 of the series they were in and I knew I would be anxious and fidgity, so I cut out a basic cross stitching layer (MFT) and took some fun threads to create an angular design that has such a nice effect.  


I started by counting out what type of squares would fit within the pattern, it turned out to be 8 x 8 count  and a single row border between the squares.  I started by taking a lighter tone of each colour square, stitching on the diagonal, then using a darker thread running the opposite direction with just half the triangle.  So, I finished the design in less than the time the hockey game took and even better we won the series.  Next up we’re up 1 game in the Conference Finals before the Stanley Cup Series.  Woo Hoo!


The letters are cut out with coordinating cardstock using and MFT die that has since retired, and a coordinating embossed sentiment.  I like the fun burst of colour!  Perfect for any happy occasion!  
 

No comments: