Thursday, February 8, 2024

Hello Roses with Power Poppy


It’s the perfect season for gorgeous red roses.  In a flower it speaks love.  I pulled out this beauty from Power Poppy called Everything’s Rosy.  An irresistable display of cut roses in little cups.  I can just picture popping out in the garden to bring them in.  I think when you look at the personality of roses, red ones are all about the drama, so I chose a very dramatic black, white and red palette to show them off.  

 

After colouring the roses with Copics and finishing with coloured pencils, I used some dies from Concord & 9th Plaid Card Front Die, and an older ornate Spellbinders oval dies with fancy scrolls.  Seems perfect for pretty roses.  


I stamped a sentiment from the original polymer set for this design so it can be used for more than one occasion but really it’s all about the love!  

No comments: