Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Faux Embossing with Stencils and SSS


Stencilled Spring Leaves with Simon Says Stamps Card

hello!  After a week in CA for work, I’m ready for Spring! Winter is still sticking around here, so I created a little splash of Spring leaves with this pretty stencil from Simon Says Stamp called Autumn Cascade, but it makes just as lovely a card in other seasons.  

I chose some Distress Inks and ink blended the stencil, also adding in some coloured pencil definition.  Then to give it a bit of extra pop, I got out my light table and embossed it! 


All you need to do is place the coloured image face down over top of your stencil (precisely), and then the light table shining through allows you to use an embossing tool to press the images through, giving you some light embossing.  For a clean and simple design like this, a little touch of depth goes a long way.  



It’s such a pretty touch!  I also added coordinating die cut leaves, and a circle and sentiment from Concord & 9th’s A Bit of Paradise die set and the Short and Sweet Dies.  


Ready for a sweet hello to a friend! 

No comments: