Thursday, January 4, 2024

Winter Roses with Power Poppy



OO I’ve got some pretty colour for you today!  I will more often lean toward a warm palette, but sometimes you’ve just got to go coooool!  I pulled out this image from Power Poppy called Snowdrops and Tea Roses which is such a beauty!  And though it could lean Christmas, I’m just telling myself it’s still good for Winter, especially with a Birthday sentiment.  

This awesome image was coloured with Copics, and finished with coloured pencils.  I can tell my copic nibs need replacing because some of my colouring is getting shiny, so finishing with pencils help tone that down a little.  

Winter Roses with Power Poppy
 
It’s a gorgeous arrangement of little roses, snowdrops and holly leaves with tiny berries in a cup.  So darn sweet!  

I created the background with Pink Fresh Studios Slimline Diamond Builder and some Distress inks that coordinated with the colouring.  Then I layered some vellum over to give it a bit more softness.  Finished with some slim velvet ribbon, and tiny dew drops that look like water drops on the roses.  


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy polymer set and the banner die is a retired one from The Cat’s Pajamas.  Such a great colouring project to start the year!  

I have a colouring video on my Instagram page for this card if you’d like to pop by!  See me here at ChristineCreationsArt

Thanks for popping by today!  

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

Wow gorgeous coloring!