Saturday, November 11, 2023

Stitching Saturday - Argyle Poinsettias

 


A little late in the day for my Saturday Stitching post, but it’s a gorgeous glitzy one for the Christmas Season!  When I was buying embroidery thread I spied these beautiful glimmery threads that needed to be part of my colletion.  For today’s design I created a shimmery gold and green argyle background for this stunning poinsettia from Spellbinders, this is a dreamy one from the De-Light-Ful Christmas Collection called Poinsettia Bloom Etched Die.  


After stitching that argyle pattern onto a cross stitched die from MFT (retired), I cut the poinsettia 3 x, in white, Evergreen (C & 9), and then shimmery gold paper, piecing it all together.  I added a wee little bit of ink blending in soft green to the poinsettia because the petals needed some differentiation from each other, and most poinsettias aren’t pure white.  

The beautiful foiled die is from The Greetery called Opposites Attract Hot Foil.  It all comes together so nicely for a very beautiful and festive Christmas card!  


No comments: