Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Red Poppy Birthday

 


Well Hello!  I’ve had a bit of a break the past couple of weeks, as I was preparing to speak at a Women’s Retreat.  Today, I’m popping in with some some beautiful red poppies in anticipation of Remembrance Day coming up this weekend, but rather than as a memorial reminder, I chose this time to make them Birthday poppies.  

I’ve used Power Poppy’s gorgeous Perfect Poppies Digi set for this design.  


Colouring is with Copics, trying to get all the papery shades of a poppy.  The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set, in polymer because it worked just right for the size I needed.  

I’ve also utilized a lovely background coverplate die from Pink Fresh Studios, Ornate Medallions, and then a rick rac die retired from MFT as accent.  


Just a few black sequins add some depth of colour for the accents.   Feels good to be colouring and creating again!   


No comments: