Monday, April 10, 2023

The Horse-i-corn

 


Hello!  I hope you’ve had a significant Easter weekend with people you care about!  We enjoyed some good family and friends time, and beautiful Easter services at our Church.  

Today I’m bringing you a design I created for a sweet 4 year old that we love, using MFT’s Sketch Challenge.  She had a unicorn and rainbows party, so I just had to fit with the theme!  At the time I couldn’t think of a unicorn I had on hand.  But, I pulled out MFT’s The Whole Herd stamp and did a little creative license additions to the horse in the set and made my own unicorn (or horse-i-corn)!  I fluffled up his tail with additional layers using my multi-liner pen, gave him a horn and rainbowed up the mane and tail with the ROYGBV Copic colours for lots of fun.  


I created a background with a cloud stencil and distress oxide inks in rainbow colours, splattering with water to get a bit of a distressed look.  I used MFT’s Stitched Arch dies to create a window, and then added die cut clouds to really accent that sky feeling.  I accented the arch with ROYGBV enamel dots as a cute touch.  What 4 year old doesn’t love a little bling!    


The first words out of her mouth were a delighted squeal about her card having a unicorn on it, so always does my heart good.  I think that is what cardmaking is all about!  

No comments: