Friday, September 16, 2022

Leaves All Around with The Greetery

 


Have the leaves begun to turn in your part of the world yet? That is, if you’re in the Northern Hemisphere, like I am.  We’re just starting to see some tinges of yellow on the leaves, which is always a beautiful stage.  

Today I’m bringing you some lovely leaves from The Greetery’s Leaves All Around stencil and die set,  (on sale right now!), with two cards.    

This first design is a Birthday one that has lots of vibrant colour.  My favourite!  


I started by die cutting and stenciling up this beautiful leaf frame with Distress Oxide inks (Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers).  I find that this is one design that it’s better to cut it from the die first so that your stencilling fits perfectly inside.  I also created a background for the design with other Distress Oxide inks, (Abandoned Coral and Seedless Preserves), splashing on some water and white ink splatters.  


To accent I added another The Greetery die, Botanicuts Hollyhocks which was sponged with softer versions of the background ink.   I love the 3D layered effect!  The card is layered together with the leaves popped up using foam squares.  I’ve added some clear holeless sequins in the background and the sentiment die is a retired one from The Cat’s Pajamas.  

Now a cool version with these products:  


For this design I used a similar palette for the leaves, but sponged Peacock Feathers in the background and a Bible Verse sentiment from Stamp Simply’s set Hope.  


I added a few extra leaves from the dies for the top of the card, and the sentiment, and overall kept the layers flat with the exception of that enamel dot.  These leaves are such a great way to frame up a great stamped sentiment or die.  

Appreciate you popping by today!  Enjoy the autumn (or spring) leaves, wherever you are!  


No comments: