Tuesday, March 31, 2020

TCP New Release: Let There Be Cake!


We’re back for Day Two of Sneaky Peek Week and today we’ve got cake!


Let There Be Cake and it’s Coordinating Dies is all about stacking power.  Each layer of the cake has a unique word and design to allow you maximum design freedom.  For this card I made it tall style (4 x 7 1/2) to really make use of all the space. I stamped each layer of cake with Distress Oxide Ink and embossed each with clear EP.  I added icing (from the dies) between each layer to really get some height.  


For the background layer I used our Big Beautiful Blending Brush to get a gradiated Distress Oxide ink through the whole background and then spritzed it with water.  After it dried, I used the Clouds and Balloons CutUps Die, adding the Icing CutUps Die as a party accent in teal cardstock.  


A couple of clear holeless sequins and voila!  A cake party is done!  


Here’s a peek at the Stamp Set and Dies we’re showing off today... so cute!  



Are you In It To Win It?  All you have to do to be entered to win a $10 TCP Gift Code is comment on today’s designers posts!  Pop on over to see.....
Christine (you are here)

15 comments:

McStamper said...

This is a great stamp set and I love your card. Thanks for the great idea.

Marty B said...

I wasn’t really interested in this set until I saw all the creative craftiness. Super cute card!

Helen said...

Love the way you have used this new stamp set in combination with die cuts! great colour choices! So pretty!

Helen said...

Delightful card, Christine. Like the color combo. tfs

MadeByMeghanK said...

OMG! I LOVE this stamp! What a great idea! I LOVE the blues and purples! Great card!

Annette:) said...

I like how versatile this set is-short or tall cake, a few or a lot of candles. The sky is the limit! So fun😉

Mary Holshouser said...

the confetti cuts make a
fun party atmosphere for
the cake. Love it.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Karthikha said...

Such a fun card :) Lovely background!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the pretty colors and that it's a tall & skinny card.
Very nice!

Christine said...

I am enjoying the tall, skinny card format, and this set is perfect for that technique, as you so artfully have shown. What a fun card!!

sharon g said...

Really cute. I like the squiggly die cut pieces. Very festive.

Denise Bryant said...

Fun card! Love the colors you used and that awesome cake! Awesome background!

Indy's Designs said...

Just a fabulous card to celebrate a birthday!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute this is, Christine! I love that funky cake!

Brenda said...

What a brilliant design, Christine! I love all you got going on here.