Friday, August 24, 2018

Take a Deep Breath



Whew!  Friday!  I am back at work after a five month sabbatical, and we’ve just come through two straight days of meetings.  It’s all good stuff, planning for fall ministry (I am a Pastor), with a great group of staff, but wow, am I tuckered out.  My brain is mush.  So, I’m grateful for a day off and a little rest.    

So, I have a very peaceful card to show you today, with Power Poppy’s gorgeous set, Take a Deep Breath Digital Stamp.  I printed it on Copic XPress It Cardstock and coloured it up with Copics.  



I chose a colour palette that I found looking up some lotuses on google, with some sage greens, and then sparkle added to the dragonfly wings.  



The sentiment is from Power Poppy’s Party Time Stamps set in an ink that would match the lotuses, and then added a pretty mini sage green bow.  

Don’t forget you have one week left on our Home Sweet Home Challenge where you could win a $50 Gift code to the Power Poppy store, and our Creative Confetti runs each week with a new theme and you could win a $25 Gift code to the store.  So many good ways to get creative and to win!


Christine Okken
Kathy Jones
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning Christine and fab colour

Leslie Miller said...

Exquisite, Christine! Your coloring is incredible, and just the right amount of sparkle on the dragonfly. A gorgeous image which I haven't purchased yet, sigh... A five month respite is wonderful, but I know you love your work. You'll be busy!

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous card, Christine! I love the colors you've used and how you've framed it with what looks like embossed vellum. I love it and love that sweet ribbon treatment! But the colors and your coloring are what really give this card a beautiful feel. I love the blue and the sage green. They work so beautifully together, and I love the sparkle in the dragonflies. Living in South Florida, we see them especially in the summer, and they certainly do sparkle. Sounds like you are ready for a weekend, but I know you've enjoyed and needed the sabbatical. As Leslie said, you love what you do, and you bless so many in your ministry. Praying that you will get back into the swing of work again and still find time for coloring -- our favorite relaxation, right? It sure is for me. Hugs, sweet friend!!

Pauline said...

Wow! Gorgeous Christine! Your colouring is fabulous. Love the blue and green tones you used, just stunning. The bit of glitter on the wings of the dragonfly and your tiny bow finish this off perfectly. TFS.

Conniecrafter said...

You really found some wonderful colors and you did color it beautifully! Love the dragonfly, so sweet!
I wish you all the best in your new duties I am sure many will be blessed by all the work you put into the fall ministry, glad you were able to have a day to recoup :)

Sue L. said...

Gorgeous, Beautiful, Fabulous, Stunning, Wow, Christine!

Nancy Thomas said...

An amazing color combo - the blue flowers just pop right out at your.