Friday, January 12, 2018

Plant Kindness, Gather Love



How are you doing on this Friday in your part of the world?  It has been so cold here again, that we need something really vibrant for a card today.  I pulled out one of the CardMaps Sketches from Becky Fleck and a great digital image from Power Poppy called Plant Kindness.  I’m making a series of cards for my sister in law and one of her requests was for gardening cards.  She has a massive garden and always plants new and interesting vegetables each year, so this image is just perfect for her!

I found a few great sheets of older designer paper that had a really wild print on it and thought it would make a perfect map for my colouring and a backdrop for the image.  

Here’s the CardMaps Sketch I based it off of, I just used an oval rather than the circle, so that adjusted all the other panels too.  



A little wood veneer heart and some twine finish it off.  



Don’t forget that you can enter our Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge this month to Grab a Map  from one of Becky Fleck’s CardMaps this month.  Enter at the Power Poppy Blog and you could win a $50 shopping spree to the Power Poppy store!  And you can also enter just by commenting on the CardMaps Blog for a $25 shopping spree!  Lots of ways to win this month.   


For some more sweet inspiration today check out my Bloom Brigade sisters here:  

Christine Okken
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and the Power Poppy Blog


9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Christine

gr karin

Davi said...

Absolutely delightful!! So springy and wonderful coloring :)

Barbara said...

I love this "Map page too". Your card is amazing and so colorful Great job with the design.

Nana Donna said...

Beautiful, so much detail. I love this sketch too and it the one I picked. Working on card to post for this challenge.

lynda said...

I love your card, Christine! I am also an avid gardener, and love to stamp and color flowers and other garden-related things. Great colors, and a sure way to brighten up a cold season!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful, Christine! Oh, my, the paper and all that wonderful color -- I love it! Love the sketch, too. Divine!

Lagene said...

Awesome card, Great sketch, awesome colors!

Camille Short said...

You are amazing! Another wonderful card!

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, this is gorgeous, and I love how you've used the DP for all the wonderful colors in this just-so-delightful gardener digi! It's stunning, and I love your take on the sketch. That sweet wooden heart is a perfect finishing touch. Your sister-in-law will certainly love all your gardening cards!! Warm hugs, and keep cozy -- spring will eventually come!! xoxo