Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Watercoloured Roses Two Ways


Even though we’ve had an unseasonably warm week, I’ve put all my flowers to bed for the winter, trimming down all my perennials and neatening things up a little.  So since I have no garden flowers to show you,  I thought I’d do some summery watercoloured paper roses for you with a couple of designs.  



Months ago I purchased this lovely set from WPlus9 called Freehand Florals, and it sat for all these months waiting for some stamping.  Finally I took some time to stamp them out!  I love how even with a layering set like this you can get some really nice watercolor effects.  So, as I stamped each layer of the flowers on watercolour paper, I took my waterbrush and blended out the stamping, which really gives it a soft impressionistic look.  A little blue splattery ink helps with that dreamy look. 

Around the image I used an MFT die as a frame and sparkled it up with VersaMark ink and Iridescent Embossing Powder.  



An embossed vellum sentiment, some glittery ScorTape,  and some sequins finish this one off.  I like the softness.....but now how about something bold?  


I used the same set with some deep reds, purples and eggplant colours to get a much more vibrant look.  Again, this one is stamped on watercolor paper and I used the waterbrush in between stamping the different layers of the flowers and leaves.  The sentiment was cut out on my Silhouette Cameo machine with a couple of layers so it pops up a bit. 


Again I used vellum for the sentiment so that the colour of the flowers still shows through underneath.  No sense doing all that pretty work for the stamping and then covering it up!
  


Inside I used a die cut leaf and blossom from the set too...sentiments are from a Power Poppy set, Party Time.  

That's it for me today....I’ll be back tomorrow with some Power Poppy fun!  Thanks for stopping by. 



9 comments:

Brenda said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Miranda said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

your card on top is gorgeous Christine the second one is very beautiful
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

They are beautiful and sure to brighten someones day in the deep of winter!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine! This is GORGEOUS! I too have this stamp set and have long wanted to use it, and you've really inspired me. It's a lovely set, and I love how you've watercolored it "out" to give it a stunning look - wow! Being a "summer," I love the soft palette of your first cad and love the sparkling frame and the sentiment on vellum. I am seeing more vellum and just need to use it myself. And the splatters along with the sequins area lovely...as is the bit of twine. Beautifully done. Now, the second one is a wow card! How luscious is it?? I have a friend who loves this color combination, and I need to make a birthday card for her. This may be the one I CASE. Beautifully done, and once again I love the vellum for the sentiment! You are so inspiring, sweet friend! Thanks for sharing these...and we still have lots of growing here in South Florida...so bundle up and keep those flowers safe till next year! Hugs! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Each so very different and beautiful! Your watercolor blending makes all the difference. WOW! Good idea to use the vellum, and I see the glitter tape on the first, too. Gorgeous!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh wow, this is soooo beautiful! Especially the pretty colors on the first card! I will have to try the blending on a stamp layering set.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh wow, this is soooo beautiful! Especially the pretty colors on the first card! I will have to try the blending on a stamp layering set.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! I love the watercolour effect. Love the soft colours of the first card with the glitter and vellum, every so soft and pretty. The second card is so deep and rich with the purples and reds, such a happy card! Fabulous cards Christine! I will need to try this technique.