Friday, November 13, 2015

Blue Ribbon


Happy Friday friends!  How’s your weekend shaping up?  

Today I have a sweet little sparkling design from Power Poppy to show off.  

With our Power & Spark Challenge theme being Embellish This this month I’ve been looking at what I have around me a little differently seeing if I could be creative in what I use.  For my birthday I got a few Pandora charms for my bracelet and the package was wrapped in this lovely navy satin ribbon.  On once side of the ribbon it says Pandora, but the other side is plain, so woo hoo!  Embellishment score!


Pair that pretty ribbon with this beautiful packaging on the new set Cozy Cupfuls and it really carries the theme through the card.  I wove the ribbon behind the image a bit but still kept the design quite clean and simple.  

What you can’t see too well in the above photo, but I hope you can see in the photos below is that there’s quite a bit of sparkle in the design.  After colouring I added sparkle pen to the packaging and the candy in the whipped cream and also sprayed the background layer and sentiment with sparkly spritz.  It’s so all-over shimmery in real life.  



You just might be able to see it if you look close :)


A really fun set to play with and a fun challenge to jump start your creativity.  



So come on and join us with your embellishments taking the lead!  Play along and you could win a Power Poppy set of your choice!  Link up on THIS post.  


Here’s the gang playing along today. 



Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I see the sparkle! Fabulous! So pretty in blue, and love what you did with the ribbon. Very festive!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Christine gorgeous design and card
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, it's fabulous that this ribbon inspired you, and I love how you've wrapped the card with it like a package - amazing layout! And oh, do I love this beautiful image that you so wonderfully colored (and I see the sparkle!!). Gorgeous card, and it's always more beautiful in real life...I love it! Hugs!

Karen W said...

I love the colors on this, just beautiful!!