Friday, February 22, 2013

A Most Delightful Birthday

In a week or so it's our little niece's 4th Birthday :)  Because of my husband being in the hospital, we missed her little brother, our nephew's BD Party, so I don't want to miss this one!

And, it's been a long time since I've played in any challenges, so I did a little checking around and found TSG's sketch challenge for this week and came up with this...


It's with a cutie patootie set from TSG called Wrapped in Joy, and coloured up this happy little girl with Copics.  I love her sweet smile and those pretty presents.  I like how the long lean image of the girl goes with the long narrow focal panel.  

Here's the sketch:


And here's a bit more of a close-up:  


I paper pieced her stockings and the top box of the presents too.  It matches the paper on the little scallops along the top of the panel.  The papers are Basic Grey's True Love, and then I added a wee bit of velvet ribbon, a button, some rhinestones to balance the right side and some iridescent string.  

Little girl cards are always so fun to make :)

8 comments:

TLady said...

VERY SWEET CHRISTINE! ;) I'm SURE your neice will LOOOOOOOOOVE this! :) FEMININE & PERFECTLY DONE!!!!!!!!!! :)LOVE your coloring on this!!!!!!! :)

JoanneO said...

I love your card for your niece and am sure so will she. I hope her Mom saves it on a scrap book page so she can enjoy it even more when she grows up! This is a perfect little girl card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

ooo what a sweet card Christine she wil love this one.

greetings karin

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful and so sweet. Colors are fabulous. I like this little girls so much I had to order that stamp set, thanks for sharing. Mary L Schreiber

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like the papers and your coloring.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Lovely Christine! I really like those 5 rhinestones, just the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing along with our TSG Challenge. Hope you will join us at the release party at 9 pm EST this evening on FB and for our new challenge posted on Monday!
~ Meredith

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, great coloring and love how you seperated the sentiment form the image, pretty papers!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO sweet Christine! LOVE the layout and your coloring! Sorry I haven't been by in FOREVER! Hope all is well! HUGS!