Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sneak Peek - Berryliscious!

Oh what a pretty sneak peek set we have for you today! It's another fantastic release week at Flourishes, some gorgeous summer sets you'll LOVE to have as a part of your stamp collection.

Today's peek is a gorgeous strawberry set drawn by our beautifully talented Marcella Hawley. We love strawberries in our family and have a strawberry patch in our backyard. The kids can't get enough of them! So this is a perfect summer time stamp set.

I have two pretty cards to show you today I call this one Berry Sweet

This set has so many gorgeous elements in it. On this card I stamped and masked the berries, leaves and blossoms on Flourishes Watercolor paper. I watercolored with reinkers and SW Markers (first the reinkers, then the SW markers for finishing definition). Cut out with the Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities.

I actually chose my color inspiration from the stamp, but also from this gorgeous Rhubarb Tart paper. It's one of my favourites.



Don't you love the scoring along the bottom? I ran scorelines with my Scor It along the bottom half running from corner to corner, then added *buttons* with my 1/2 inch circle punch. Accents are Pewter Kaiser pearls, and the gorgeous silk ribbon (did you know there are new silk ribbons in the store??? Serious YUM)

Alright now the Strawberry Basket


I've had this cute cute paper from K & Co kicking around for a while just waiting for the perfect time to use it...this was it!

I colored these gorgeous berries in the basket with the new Copic Poppy Collection from Flourishes. As well as colors from Flesh Tones I and II for the basket. I created the highlights for the berries with my colorless blender, and the strawberry tops were from the Fields Collection.


And look at that pretty frame! I'm so excited, I used my new Frameabilities :) for the frame and accent piece. I love how the definition turned out. Don't they look yummy??

Check out the other fabulous Senior Design Team Girls sneak peeks today:

Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Julie Koerber
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Recipes:

Berry Sweet: Stamps: Flourishes - Strawberries; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Paper: Riding Hood Red, Flourishes Watercolor Paper, Rhubarb Tart (Memory Box) DSP; Accessories: Scor It, 1/2 circle punch, Big Shot, Deckled Rectangle Nestabilties, Oval Punches, Silk Ribbon, Pewter Kaiser Pearls, Reinkers, Stampin' Write Markers, Aqua Painter

Strawberry Basket: Stamps: Flourishes - Strawberries; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, So Saffron; Paper: So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Flourishes Copic Paper, Big Shot, Frameabilities - Foliage Frame, Fancy Scallop Pierceabilities, Flourishes - Copic Collections (Poppy, Fields, Colorless Blender, Flesh Tones I & II), Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Button, Dimensionals

24 comments:

Emily said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy Christine! I love everything about these cards! Fantastic!

Leslie Miller said...

Two fabulous cards and two coloring mediums, both so extremely well done, Christine! Love them!

Norine said...

love both of them but really love the strawberries and like what you did with the scoring on the bottom awesome card
Hugs
Norine

Crystal said...

What sumptuous gorgeousness ! Love these cards !

NancyK said...

Both cards are drop dead gorgeous! Watercoloring and copics in one post - you are spoiling us!

Ruthie said...

HI! They're both great! I aprticularly like the Strawberry basket ... you're coloring is super!!!! Thanks again!

Carol L said...

I'm loving these berries and how you used them on both cards! I love the scoring and coloring. Just beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fantastic! Christine the silk ribbon looks perfect with the berries. Both cards are great!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super berry-licious - Christine!!! Gorgeous cards!!! Hugs ~S~

Connie M. said...

Oh my goodness, Christine!! These are so very pretty! I love you coloring and yummmy bow on the first, and your framed image is just so pretty on the second!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are both STUNNING, wow-it'd be hard to decide which one I like best becaues they are both so beautifuL! LOVE your coloring on those big strawberries-really makes it pop!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are both gorgeous! Fabulous colouring and design! Love your paper choices!

Julie Koerber said...

These are just off the charts beautiful! The way you color up an image just brings it to life! I know that now since I've seen your coloring IRL!!! :-)

Linda Carson said...

My mouth is watering!! I love summertime fruit! Your artwork is fabulous!

Ida said...

Simply Delicious! Strawberries are my all time favorite summer fruit so these cards are perfect in my opinion. Brights, Cheery and yummy looking.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Both cards are yummilicous Christine!!! Beautiful!!

Denise Marzec said...

BAM!!

Awesome, girl! Your coloring is always SO AMAZING, and that floral DP on the second card is GORGEOUS!

Nancy Riley said...

Christine, your creations are AMAZING! Truly brilliant designs!

Latisha said...

Wow Christine, these are just stunning, and I love that green ribbon, it add just the right contrast!!
So jealous you got to meet Julie lol....I hope you two had fun!!
hugs
Latisha

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Christine! These are both FABULOUS!! Love them both -my slight fav is the first one -love the deckled panel and the embossing on the red cs. Hugs girlie!!

Crystal said...

WOW these are beautiful and sooo yummy...those strawberries are beautiful and sooo yummy...Great cards!!

Jerri Kay said...

A gorgeous card Christine, love your beautiful berries!

Laurie in MN said...

I can't find the words to say how much I love your card. The colors are my favorites. I love everything about your card.

Rose Ann said...

Your strawberries look good enough to eat, Christine!! Beautiful coloring, and so yummy-looking!! I love your cards!!