Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Puddle Jumper



Today I’ve got a bit of spring to show you to cheer me up from the cold and snowy winter we’ve been having in Alberta.  I know Spring will come, but whew this Winter has been a doozy!  I’ve pulled out MFT’s adorable Puddle Jumper set.  He’s pretty precious isn’t he?  I’ve mentioned before that friends of ours have a little two-year old, when I saw this set I thought of him right away because he has a yellow raincoat just like this.  His mama is Korean and his daddy is a blonde Caucasian, so he’s this precious little mix of reddish brown hair, and olive skin.  I tried to recreate a bit of that in the colouring of this guy.  I’m also playing along with this weeks MFT Sketch.  

I started with smooshing some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink onto the background, then spritzed with water, heat dried, and then once dry, I sponged some tiny hearts through a stencil too look like it was raining hearts.  



Just a couple of enamel dots to accent.  He makes me feel brighter just looking at him!  Hopefully it works for you too!  

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

he is just precious, love how you have colored him, especially his hair!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, this is sweet! Thinking about that little happy dancing guy again... On your card he's dancing in the rain. Love your DOX background. I'm thinking I will soon fall off the wagon and make a purchase. Everyone raves about them. Do you love them? BTW, yes I do love my Gansai Tambi paints. The way you can layer them is very nice. Lately I'm loving my old Watercolor Wonder Crayons, too. Who knew? Lots of paint in those crayons!