Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Natural Wonders (and Mums!) with Power Poppy



Happy (almost) Autumn everyone!  It’s that season of cozy that we all love.  And we’re bringing you a gorgeous new collection of Power Poppy polymer sets just in time for all the goodness that fall brings.  It’s called Natural Wonders, and you’ll find 4 new stamp sets that convey the wonder of this gorgeous world.  

Today we’re kicking it all off with Chrysanthemum XL.  It’s a jumbo sized bloom that sings AMAZING!  The perfect fall flower.  


As usual, I get inspiration from lovely pictures I find on the web.  I always love when there are two-toned flowers and this one fit the bill.  I began with Copics and then finished off my colouring with Prismacolor Pencils to get a little more detail and colour variation in there.  With the larger size, you can get into all those pretty petals beautifully.   

I added some detail in the framing by using a stencil and embossing paste in a pattern that looked like the shape of the petals of the mum.  

I had a little mishap in creating this one.  I wanted to add some sparkly Nuvo Dots, but I was having some issues with my bottle.  Low and behold the entire bottle exploded right beside my card and spattered on this on and another one coming up this week.  So, I had to make some adjustments like adding that sparkle onto the embossing paste and frame to make it work.  I think I rescued it alright!  The sparkle looks like it works thankfully.  



A few clear sequins, gems and a bit of twine to balance the layout and it’s complete.  


We hope you’ll join us all week for Natural Wonders Previews!




Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

33 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautifulllllllll Christine
Gr Karin

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this is so bright and cheerful. I like the die cut frame extra you used to frame the bloom, very fun. Beautiful coloring.

Lynne said...

Lovely flower and coloring.

Parker said...

This Fuji Mum is such a pretty set, and you've really made it look even prettier.

Helen said...

Christine, your card is so lovely. This extra large flower creates a stunning design. Love your coloring. tfs

Julie Koerber said...

What a happy accident that sparkle proved to be! :-) I love the result -- just a gorgeous creation missy!

Lisa said...

I look at your wonderful coloring and I can just see this mum swaying in a gentle breeze, beautiful job!

Beverly Bohannon said...

Beautiful design!!! Love the frame!

hayleycreates said...

Such pretty colours. I love the gradation you used.

kathy s said...

This card is so pretty love all those colours. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Beautiful....love the fall Mums...takes me back to high school and the homecoming Queen with the pretty mum corsage.

TheWinstonFamily said...

Beautiful card, just love it. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love your colors.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love how you framed it! So delicate and beautiful!

Gail Hutchinson said...

I love your card Christine, the image just pops. You are so talented.

Tracy said...

Love your coloring on the Mum. Great card.

DJ Rants said...

Such a beautiful card, and so wonderfully colored!

Sherrie J. said...

Such a gorgeous flower. And that blue background really sets it off!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love Chrysanthemums.
You covered up the explosion
very well. The card is
beautiful. thanks for
sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! Love this gorgeous Mum!

Amy Seigler said...

Gorgeous card! I love the coloring and the layout.

gabriella said...

I love the colors you picked for this mum. Great combination

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, this is GORGEOUS! What amazing coloring with such a beautiful background to add such depth. Love your color combination and the fabulous mixed-media frame. I'm sure it shimmers beauty in real life and will be loved!! So exciting to see the new stamps, and I LOVE the XL flowers! This is going to be fun to use and color! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Niki said...

Really pretty card, thank you.

SusieScrapper said...

Such a beautiful card and coloring!

Cindy Holmes said...

Such a gorgeous card! your colors are just so bright and vibrant too! I also love how your background looks too!

Jan said...

Beautiful Card. The shading is perfect.

LOU said...

Stunning card Christine! Love your colours!

Marianne said...

I'm happy you managed to salvage this pretty panel.

Lucy E. said...

Such Lovely coloring!

Dana M said...

Such a beautiful card! Amazing coloring and color combination.

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love your colouring.

Cheryl Rigney said...

Beautiful card!!