Friday, June 16, 2017

Luminous Bouquet




How’s your Friday going this week?  As some of you probably saw via Marcy’s instragram or facebook page, The Bloom Brigade (minus 1 - our sweet down-under girl Kathy), gathered last weekend in St. Louis for a Bloomie Blow Out!  It was a trip all for fun and relationship.  After 9 years of working with or for Marcy, I finally got to meet her in person and hug her sweet little self.  She is as charming, bubbly, warm, creative and vibrant as you have imagined and we had a fantastic girl weekend bonding and seeing the sights of St. Louis.   So much joy rolled into a few short days.  This week it’s been back home to try and gather myself back to work and family.  I’ve had a whirlwind month with family visiting, lots of milestone family events, a busy ministry role and a trip thrown in.  I could use a little down time!  

I spent a few hours colouring up this brand new digi image from the Instant Garden at Power Poppy called Luminous Bouquet.  It’s a stunning image filled to the brim with Japanese Peony, Hydrangea, Clematis, and Oxalis.  I chose to go with the no-line version of the image, because now Marcy gives us options!  A cool palette of colours pulls it all together.  

In the background I used a stencil and some embosssing paste to bring texture and after it was dry I sponged in more of that amethyst colour to to take on those purple tones.  




A windowed design in layers, a bit of piercing, delicate rhinestones and some baker’s twine finish it off.  The sentiment is from another of our polymer sets, So Grateful, and I curved it a bit to match the curve of the oval window.  



Here are the Copics I used and there are a lot of them.  You can see in the colouring how I try to pull in the colours to make a multi-flower design cohesive, so there is purple in the shading of the pink peony, green in the blue hydrangeas, pink in the purple centers of the clematis, purple in the oxalis...just these little details tie the over all colouring together.  


I’ll leave you with a couple of my favourite pictures from the Bloomie weekend....you could not find a group of lovelier, warm, fun, supportive and creative women around!  Blessed to know each of them, and maybe next time we can have our Kathy join us from down-under too!  


At the St. Louis Cardinals MLB game!  


My sweet friend Stacy.


Marcy’s girls made us the Welcome Bloomies sign :)  Her beloved Doug and her kids are awesome, what a treat to meet them all and see the love they have for each other!  



Of course we had to have some flower time, after all we are the Bloomies!


Lots of sun and wamth paddleboating at Forest Park, I was leaning on Cindy for support for the paddling!  



Meeting Mary Engelbreit at her studio.  That was an awesome experience!  

Thanks for sharing a bit of it with me.  I’ll leave you with a little reminder about our Power & Spark Challenge for the month of June....it’s called the June Bug Challenge and all you need is to include a little bug on your creation somewhere.  Enter in the challenge and you could win a $50 Shopping Spree at Power Poppy!  




Here’s the Bloomies in action today....


SaveSave
Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


10 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous flowers and card Christine and fab and great photo's
Gr Karin

Karen W said...

Wow I love this, your coloring and background are perfect!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Wow.... Oh these colors look amazing Christine, wonderful card indeed. I will be sharing pictures tomorrow, loved our time and memories!!! Hugs...

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful colors and coloring and texture! Your card is an ethereal wonder! I soooo loved the pictures of all you Bloomies, Christine! Looks like such a great time and you all look so happy!

Aileen said...

Wow stunning card the colours are wonderous and the added depth with the embossing paste, brilliant.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow you were only about 30 minute drive from me, looks like you all had a great time together, how fun!!
Your flowers are just amazing, beautiful coloring!!

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, your card is exquisite and amazing with your coloring and beautiful layout! I LOVE IT!! It's stunning! And what fun you all surely had with Marcy. I can't even begin to imagine how much fun it was to meet and have so much fun that Marcy packed into the weekend! I love seeing all the many photos, and what cherished memories you all have! Hugs and love! xoxo

Jean said...

Just beautiful!

Brenda said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful time! This card is absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is breathtaking!

Wendy said...

Oh, it looks like you had such a wonderful time <3 and meeting ME & seeing her studion . . . amazing!! I also love the inspiration card & your colors are gorgous!! Thanks for sharing <3