Monday, March 20, 2017

TCP Easter Treats


Well hello again!  I’m back today with more Sneak Peek goodies from our surprise March Release at The Cat’s Pajamas!  All of these pretties will be available in the store!  And if you by them together, you get a lovely discount.   I have 3 cute Easter designs to show you with the new release items today.  



One of our favourite activities each Easter is to get the kids together and dye eggs.  It’s always fun to dip the eggs in the dye and see how they’ll come out, or use some type of resist (like white crayon) to create a design.  When I saw the awesome Easter Bunny egg dies that Alma made for us I decided to try and mimic our own dyeing of eggs at Easter. 



I started with the larger plain egg shape from the die, and cut a few out from watercolor paper.  Then I used some reinkers in yellow/orange, green and turquoise and added some colour to the paper.  I washed in some water first, and then let the reinker bleed where it wanted to from my brush.  This is what they looked like as they were drying.  They’d just be cute on their own hey?  But, why not take them the next level?!  You can add the outer design layer of the eggs by combining the more intricate inside die with the outer die.  It creates this pretty white layer of the design below!  



I layered all the pieces together placing the eggs in our TCP basket, cut from Kraft paper, with a bit of copic colour to give definition.  Next I framed the scene up with our County Fair die cut from green cardstock.  I added some pretty patterned paper to the flags and a strip to anchor the scene, and all that was placed on a white layer that I used some crazy stitching rows on, and a few buttons to match.  



Here’s the inside of the design using a sentiment from the Easter Bunny stamp set.  

Next up, I have a really fun idea just using the inside of the egg die on a layer of white with pretty patterned paper showing underneath. 



It’s so easy to create a really CAS Easter design with this Easter Bunny die!  All you need to do is cut the inner part of the patterned egg die on paper three times.  This leaves you with the inset egg, and you can pick what you want to show through from underneath.    

For fun I added some tiny eggs from the Easter Bunny set and using the tiny egg die from the Eggs in a Basket CutUps.   


I used the pretty ribbons from the Easter Bunny set for the eggs, some very springy plaid paper and then a few enamel dots to finish it off.  

Ok, now for the last little treat, you need to know that I love Easter Chocolate!  It’s hard for me not to sneak the eggs from my kids’ basket!  At Easter when we were kids, we’d get one big solid chocolate bunny and then other chocolate eggs too.  When I saw this great big bunny die from this release I thought about those big chocolate bunnies, bedecked with their little gingham bows, and recreated them in paper.  



This design is super easy!  Just cut two of each of the bunnies, score the ears of the back bunny and adhere them at the top part of their ears.  That way they could be used as a card, or even a place card for Easter dinner.  A wee bit of gingham ribbon and a tiny tag lets you know who they belong to.  Kathy Racoosin did an Easter place card recently with a bit of a similar style so I have to say credit goes to her for sparking my imagination!  




Here’s a peek at the new release items I used today!   


We’re also kicking off our newest TCP Tuesday Challenge....Spring!  It’s your chance to create with us with a Spring theme, and you could win TCP Cat’s Cash to the store!  


Pop on by The Cat’s Pajamas Blog for more inspiration from this release and then check it all out in the store!   Thanks for celebrating our surprise Spring Release with us!  

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what cute and gorgeous cards /projects Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, love how you did the eggs in both but really like the first ones, the bunny idea is cute too!

Nancy Thomas said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun with the new stamps and dies. I love each and every project.

Brenda said...

Love these, Christine! You were obviously inspired.

Patti J said...

Your creations are all amazing! The plaid background in your second card made me smile out loud! Love it! Thanks for sharing, Christine! You are such an inspiration
,